It’s been a hot minute since I last posted, so here’s a little update! This spring, I’m taking a really exciting course on TinyML and Efficient Deep Learning Computing at NUST , and I’m honestly very excited about it! From what I can tell, this might be the only place in Pakistan offering this exact course and curriculum , which is pretty cool considering similar versions are taught at places like MIT and Harvard .
Anyone who works in the 3D Printing sphere can attest that Meshmixer is an amazing software when it comes to mesh repair, cutting up prints into smaller parts and for adding some last minute digital sculpt alterations to our models. But how would one even get to enjoy what Meshmixer has to offer if it crashes every time you open it? Well, luckily I have found a solution for this! Firstly, make sure you have tried the solutions given in the official Meshmixer FAQ page. If it still doesn't work, then you can try solution number two! From my limited understanding (and scouring of internet forums), the problem could be that we do not have a graphics card that has built-in OpenGL support. Thus, we need to place the opengl32 library file in Meshmixer's file location. Here is the link for the opengl32.dll file. But a google search for opengl32.dll will help you find another link as well. (Note the size should be 25MB so be mindful of that when installing the file.) This video helpe...
Following a quick read of this article on Medium [4], I felt tempted to try my hand at making ASCII art. Well, ASCII art but including Urdu/Arabic characters in it. So in other words, not “ASCII” art at all. This means we’re going beyond the realm of a restrictive 127 character set. Making ASCII art has been tried and done hundreds of times. For this project, I used C++ (my go-to programming language). Upon researching the working principle behind ASCII art [10] and how others approached this in C# [2], Python [4] and JavaScript [3] , I found that implementing an intensity-dependent program is the simplest solution. It can be summed up in 4 steps. 1) Set a char array with several characters sorted by “intensity” 2) Get a grayscale, contrast-adjusted image. 3) Loop through each pixel and select a corresponding character for each pixel, based on the grayscale value (0-255). 4) Print out the corresponding characters. I used the SFML library to load the ima...
Comments
Post a Comment